Looking for a new laptop

Yeah probably says something considering I have a PC tablet from work, 2 pc desktops, and review the computer purchases for 100 machines (PCs) at work.

I'm not in love with OS though, I wouldn't build a hackintosh, conversely I run windows via bootcamp on my macs, I like the hardware better (laptops).
Are we the same person?

I also have a 2012-era Macbook Pro. I installed Windows on it and have used the Windows side probably 95+% of the time. I was casually looking at new computers recently, but what I currently have (quad core, 16gb ram, ssd, discrete graphics) doesn't seem too much worse than what I'd get from a new entry/mid level PC.

I find windows more familiar to use, but the MBP hardware in this model series was substantially better than the PC counterpart. I've been happy with mine, though I'm long overdue to get the battery replaced.

For OP: stick with Windows if that's what you're familiar with. Some good info already in the thread. Macs have some upside and some downside, but don't get one just because they are the "cool" computers.

Back