Look at what my daughter did while I was gone.

That’s pretty cool, I know nothing about fish taxidermy, is that the actual skin?

Pretty impressive. I have no idea how one can skin a fish to do that. Seems the skin is to thin and would tear.

I have mixed feelings about fish taxidermy in general, because a fish on the wall doesn't really capture a fish in the water, but that looks good to me!

QQ

Pretty impressive. I have no idea how one can skin a fish to do that. Seems the skin is to thin and would tear.
I watched her skin it before I left for Montana. She takes her time and uses a sharp scalpel.

I have mixed feelings about fish taxidermy in general, because a fish on the wall doesn't really capture a fish in the water, but that looks good to me!

QQ
I agree. Nothing can compare to the real thing. She can also make reproductions look very real. And nothing has to die. This is her first attempt at reproduction trout.20201214_150830.jpg

I know how dumb this is gonna sound, but I swear I saw a guy do it with a butter knife when I was thinking about trying to do some fish mounts.

I know how dumb this is gonna sound, but I swear I saw a guy do it with a butter knife when I was thinking about trying to do some fish mounts.
Hmmm. Something with a round tip like that might work much better than a pointed blade. I paid $1400 extra for my daughter to get an additional week at the taxidermy school to learn skin mounts. The f*ng instructor never showed up. At all. Finally on Wednesday we loaded up her stuff and left.

Hmmm. Something with a round tip like that might work much better than a pointed blade. I paid $1400 extra for my daughter to get an additional week at the taxidermy school to learn skin mounts. The f*ng instructor never showed up. At all. Finally on Wednesday we loaded up her stuff and left.
Which schooling you dont mind me asking? PM is fine.

That is a beautiful job on the colors! Not trying to hijack but I thought it would be fun if people would guess if this pic was at time of catch or after taxidermy work. Its an Ontario brook trout at least :).
92B968A2-F2B0-47CF-9B09-E4A38503767B.png

That is a beautiful job on the colors! Not trying to hijack but I thought it would be fun if people would guess if this pic was at time of catch or after taxidermy work. Its an Ontario brook trout at least :).
View attachment 168191
I think that may be right out of the water. Very difficult to precisely mimic those blue halos with paints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back