Caribou Gear

Light primer strikes from Tikka rifle?

wisconsinteacher

I shot my dads 25-06 Tikka yesterday and had a few misfires that I had to shoot again to fire. After looking at the fired rounds most just have a small dent in the primer. This lot of primers has never had a issue in other rounds/guns. I'm guessing I need to break the bolt down and clean it. Has anyone ever had a Tikka bolt gum up and have issues?

I shot my dads 25-06 Tikka yesterday and had a few misfires that I had to shoot again to fire. After looking at the fired rounds most just have a small dent in the primer. This lot of primers has never had an issue in other rounds/guns. I'm guessing I need to break the bolt down and clean it. Has anyone ever had a Tikka bolt gum up and have issues?
Pull the bolt and clean out the grease

I had a problem with light firing pin strikes on my Tikka T3 300 win mag on a Deer Hunt in 2017. I had three misfires in a row & the fourth shot the gun went off & I got the deer I was shooting at. I ended up sending the gun to Baretta & they corrected the problem & it has never misfired since.

I had a problem with light firing pin strikes on my Tikka T3 300 win mag on a Deer Hunt in 2017. I had three misfires in a row & the fourth shot the gun went off & I got the deer I was shooting at. I ended up sending the gun to Baretta & they corrected the problem & it has never misfired since.
Do you know what they corrected?

I've never done this on any of my tikkas and never had issues but I have seen videos like this out there:

yep, never thought or figured the firing pin needed cleaned. I found out on the other side of the earth at over 14'000 ft elevation staring down my scope, looking at a Asian Ibex .

Got home and cleaned every firing pin in every rifle. compressed Air works wonders.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back