Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

leupold binoculars

rmyoung1

Anyone here have the scoop on what is going on with Leupold and their binocular line? I got a pair of their gold ring binos a few years ago, and I've really like them. But now on their website there aren't any available. In fact, it looks like most of the binos available are models that used to be sold under the old "Wind River" label. Anyone have the inside scoop? What happened to the gold rings? Is there a new version coming out?

Thanks.

You are correct that ther are no Gold Ring (american made) binos in the line this year... Rest assured that the team back in Beaverton are working on some pretty awesome new products, but you wont see them in time for this hunting season. If you are not in that big of a hurry, it will likely be worth the wait.

You are correct that ther are no Gold Ring (american made) binos in the line this year... Rest assured that the team back in Beaverton are working on some pretty awesome new products, but you wont see them in time for this hunting season. If you are not in that big of a hurry, it will likely be worth the wait.

Thanks for the info. And I'm not in a big hurry. I like Leupold and I'll be eager to see what they come up with.

I think they pulled their Gold Ring line at the end of 2010. They were going for like $599 on cabelas. I should have bought a pair but was still digging out of college debt. I was told in 2011 that they would have a new line out and again the same thing this year. I am patiently waiting but if they don't come out with one by 2013 someone else gets my business.

I love Leupold and want to support them especially since they are made in America (gold ring anyways) but if they don't have a product to buy. Oh well. I leave for Afghanistan next spring. A new set of binos are coming with me. Whether or not Leupold has a product to buy.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back