Caribou Gear

Leaving to AZ

Yes, its easy.

Get as much of the meat off as you can. Stick a garden hose in hole to brain to clean out. You might have to scrape some out. Don't take the meat off until you are ready to boil and try to keep cold.

Don't bring water to boil, but get the steam rolling off it. Stick skull in and add some oxyclean detergent.

Check every 30 mins and get any meat off each time you check on it.

Once it is clean, change the water and bring to a steam again and place skull in there.

At beauty store you can buy 40% by volume peroxide make sure it is without shampoo or conditioner bottle for $7 that's about 24 oz.

Add that to water, and check every 30 min until its the color you like.

I placed this pot on stove and left it for the wife to find for fun, but this is the size pot I use. I got it at walmart for $15. If you don't fill water to top when you add peroxide, it will whiten faster.

Javelina took me an afternoon and elk took me two days.

Make sure you do it outside on a burner. Between the fumes off the oxyclean and peroxide there is no gain doing it inside.

Attachments

• 11060.jpeg
    11060.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 11057.jpeg
    11057.jpeg
    559.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20181209_113544.jpg
    IMG_20181209_113544.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: LCH
I forgot to mention getting all the meat out of the nasal cavity can be easy or hard. Sometimes dig it out sometimes it all comes out with one pull with needlenose. Lots of videos on YouTube on this. Pressure washer works great too getting meat off.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back