Yeti GOBOX Collection

l have no idea what l'm doing

220yotekiller

l have been hunting whitetail like l hunt anything else, ether spot and stalk or just setting up on a ridge and glassing drainages. l have had more success doing this method than anything else. fast forward to this year and all of my usual honey holes are coming up dry so l am having to branch out, l am headed out this afternoon to a spot that l think should have deer but l havn't serously hunted it. lt is a walk in area that l should be able to get several miles into, the rut is just starting here in wyoming so should l grab some sheds that l have and try rattling...and if so can you rattle and then move or do you set up some where and rattle and wait...thanks for the advice.

Rattle and wait. Like calling coyotes. A couple little sequences, give it 20 minutes, then move. It’s uncanny how they can pinpoint the location of sounds.

Doesn’t always work, but when it does it can be exciting. Rattled this one in years ago from about 3/4 mile out. He came on a string right to me.

C366423E-7B27-4FA6-8787-9E7AA34A2E3B.jpeg

You never know what works until you try. I do minute or two and then wait ten minutes and repeat. Using a bleat call occasionally. I have not had the encounter of a buck running in. Its usually they come sneaking in and really trying to see the other deer. Thats the sound that is hard to duplicate. Two deer really trashing the ground while they fight. If there is no ground cover that will hide a deer from sight, it will be harder to pull off. I have watched deer, both bucks and does while using the bleat can and they are not scared by it, they either just look your way, completely ignore it or start investigating it. Good luck.

I generally do a snort wheeze first. If you’ve ever had a buck come into this you know, they wanna fight. It’s generally a call you’d throw out when you can physically see the deer, so 60 to 120 seconds after the wheeze if you don’t see anything, rattle hard, scrape your feet on the brush a bit. I try not to rattle too awful long, either thick cover or wide open. As mentioned, they know right where that sound is.. I wouldn’t move for 40-60 min after calling sequence. That’s me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back