Yeti GOBOX Collection

Kuiu mountain star tent?

Elkoholic

Anyone have any first hand experience with the Kuiu mountain star 2p tent ? The last 3 seasons I've been using my MSR Hubba 1p tent and have come to the conclusion the 1lb I'm saving in a 1p tent is not worth it to me. I know there are a plethora of 2p tents out there, but this one has caught my interest. Anyone own this tent?

I got mine this summer. I used it throughout deer season and have no complaints. It was tested against wind, rain and snow in Wyoming. Easy and fast to setup. Relatively compact. Vestibules are plenty roomy for pack and boots. I think two grown men in this tent would be very cramped. I only used it by myself and for that it is plenty big but two grown-ups would really have to like each other. They have had issues with the roof mesh tearing from the Velcro tabs but they provide supplemental instructions of how to take down and store the tent so that this will not happen. I am pleased so far and plan to use mine in the NWT next year.

I did pick up one of these tents a few weeks ago, I've set it up in the house, I like it and think it will serve me well. The 1p tent thing I've been doing is just a pain. Looking forward to trying this out in the field, although that might not be until 2016 elk archery season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back