Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kryptek gear

I am looking at investing in a nice set of back country camouflage and I have been looking at the kryptek gear since I don't think I can afford to buy a Sitka setup. I was wondering what others think of their camouflage and what you use for layers. Also I can only find the whole set in their new highlander pattern but I am worried about it being to lite of colors for if you get into the dark timber areas. I have been trying to read some reviews but was wondering what other opinions are.

Thanks!

I picked up a Kryptek shirt this season and have no complaints at all. I also purchased a Cabelas Guide shirt at the same time and it failed miserably....already been taken back. I like Sitka but don't see any difference between them and Kryptek....except the price! :)

My buddy likes his kryptec it does seem to run a bit small but check out camofire they have the core 4 Line and I've seen it as well at the price I don't think it can be beat. You can also order stuff not on the daily specials if you.call and talk to them

As far a camo is concerned don't overthink it. Last thursday I had a great bull come in to 19 yds with me kneeling right in the open and my dad behind me. We both had mis matched camo on and held still for what felt like forever. The bull seemed to stare right through me but ultimately moved toward and broadside. Get the wind in your favor and don't move when he's looking and you could wear hot pink and be ok.
Buy the best gear you can afford and you'll be doing great. Kryptek looks like great gear but I can't give you any input on it.

I just purchased some about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be good gear. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the Highlander patten but I'm sure it's fine. I agree with Lawnboy though, most any of it works......some is just a little more spendy than others.

Sitka stealth camo is currently being tested in ak right now. Should be pretty affordable once it hits the market.

I have picked up a few items of Core4Element from Camofire for some pretty decent prices. I believe they carry the cool looking "Mountain Mimicry" camo pattern. I like the layers they have available and I have been pretty impressed with there clothes. They are comfortable and breathable (love the merino wool 1/4 zip shirt!!!). The best though is the pants that have a slot for knee pads and those are SWEET when stalking up on animals. They came in handy today when I was crawling through weeds and went right into a patch of cactus (cacti?) and the pads saved me.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help. I have been trying to read about all my options and thought this would be as good as any of a place to ask and get some answers.

The new Kryptec camo pattern looks a little weird on the shelf, but in the field works extremely well in most conditions. Their is actually a little more green and shadowing in it than you think so it will work well in darker timber conditions. Depending on what garments you are looking at, it really isnt much cheaper than Sitka though. Shirts are about the same; Sitka pants are about $30 more, and the Sitka vest is more, but it has windstopper in it so I think its worth it. When you start getting into warmer gear, the price difference does start to get more substantial though...

I really like Sitka, but I dont think it is worth the retail price.
I have bought all my Sitka pieces off Ebay for no more than 50% of retail. It did take me a few years to accumulate everything I wanted, but it was worth it considering the savings. Prime time to look is after Christmas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back