Just got back from the cabin

muskeg

Even though it was too hot we did see a few Bears.

We spiked out 3 nights. What weather.

We paterned a nice tide flat for 2 nights waiting for the right time and on the 3rd night the wind was perfect.

Chuck moved into position early and the 338 spoke at about 7:30 pm. We were back at camp eating freeze drieds by 11:00.

Have to take a nap and go get the Bear sealed this afternoon.

Hide went just over 7 foot.

Just got back from Randy's.

The skull went 21" even green.

I'll get some pics tomorrow at Walmart done.

I didn't see ORVIS anywhere !!!!!

Did they get lost ????

That is great...Got your pics of your bear yet...

I put my spring hunting plans on hold when my Mothers health started slipping away.

She passed in late March. We taveled to California to put her to rest.

My very close family friend Chuck Turner traveled out from Indiana to attend the services wuth his mother and his sister. Chuck is a Viet Nam Vet .... UDT / SEAL .... He now rides with the Viet Nam Vets MC ..... Chapter #1 ..... Bedford, Indiana.

Chuck decided to travel up to Alakska with us. I have been trying to get him up to visit for over 20 years.

We went over to the cabin on Prince of Wales and were blessed with some very nice weather. We decided to boat out and try a beach camp and look for a Bear. After sitting on a tide flat for the 3 days the wind changed and allowed Chuck to sneak up into position.

He waited for several hours for one of the Bears we had been watching to feed into good position. His shot was true from 65 yards with my .338. The Big Boar wheeled around and ran in Chuck's direction. The second shot at 45 yards also was on the mark. The Bear slumped.

7'3" from nose to tail and 21 inch green skull

chuckbear.jpg
chuckgun.jpg
chuckgun2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back