ISO Women's Jacket

HighDesertSage

Looking for some recommendations on a good quality jacket for my wife. She's got a birthday coming up and she is in desperate need of an upgrade. Looking for something that could handle being worn day to day, but also would work for sitting in a late season blind here in Iowa, or heading out west for elk. Would prefer something black in color. She tends to be cold more often than not, so would rather have it be to warm, than not warm enough. I am looking right now at the First Lite Chamberlan Down, but with the hefty price tag, I wanted to see if maybe you guys had any other ideas.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Prois has a down jacket that looks pretty good, though not sure black is an option. But the price is about half the Chamberlan. I have the down vest from them and love it. Wear it constantly.

Otherwise, if it’s mostly for every day wear you might look to non-hunting lines. The prices can be much more reasonable. The North Face makes some good ones- my non hunting coat is from TNF and it’s been great for like 8 years now. The biggest trade off will be the noisier fabric I think.

Prois has a down jacket that looks pretty good, though not sure black is an option. But the price is about half the Chamberlan. I have the down vest from them and love it. Wear it constantly.

Otherwise, if it’s mostly for every day wear you might look to non-hunting lines. The prices can be much more reasonable. The North Face makes some good ones- my non hunting coat is from TNF and it’s been great for like 8 years now. The biggest trade off will be the noisier fabric I think.
My wife has some Prois gear, the down jacket included, and has been very happy with it, she also tends to land in the colder end of the spectrum so we were happy wit the purchase :)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back