Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Is it luck? W. Oregon rifle draws/hair tags

So, I put in for cow and doe tags for the first time this year, in my 30+ years of hunting. I didn't draw either. A friend of mine, who's put in for hers every year for 20 years has drawn both cow and doe every year for the last 5 years. Her daughter, who's in her second year of hunting has also drawn cow and doe both years she's been of legal hunting age. Her husband has put in for his hair tags yearly for 9 years as of this year and never drawn them once. While I understand that youth have much better chances of drawing, how does a person draw both hair tags consistently for years while others have been putting in for years not draw? Am I wasting my time and money putting in for these tags, when I could simply buy points after tagging is over for the year? Am I missing something about how drawing tags works? Can someone dumb it all down for me, like, at the absolute most basic level? 🤦🏼‍♀️
Works like this. I was standing in the bow shop 17 years ago. This guy comes in said he drew a once in a lifetime moose tag. He needed a bow and never shot one. He laughed said he just moved to Idaho last year.
God can be cruel. Good luck keep at it !!

The winter Cow hunt looks like a hard draw for all 3 Alsea hunts. Just a few tags. I've been putting in hoping to get lucky. Same as the Unit 618 Doe tag.

I don't see how someone could draw either of those tags consistently.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back