Iowa Bobcat

I had 3 cats come by me a week and a half ago while deer hunting here in Iowa but I was hunting in a county where there is no season for cats. The county to the south and the county to the east have a season so hopefully they will open this county up next year. Congrats on your cat.

That looks like a great Iowa cat! Bobcats in Iowa are a true conservation success story after coming back from the brink!
Yes indeed. I now have bobs in my own backyard. Such a huge change, but when I look around, in the 29 yrs I've been here, there have been a lot of such stories. Otters, Turkeys, geese, eagles, and over a longer time scale, deer, to mention a few.

Hard to believe but a century ago, deer were extinct, or very nearly so, in Iowa. What a change!

Yes, hard to believe in the late 1800s and early 1900s almost all of those critters became extirpated from Iowa and in some cases nearly extinct. Bobcats are becoming regular sightings along rivers here in northeast Iowa and we have 3 otters that routinely frolic in the stream below our office!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back