Indiana Taxidermist

shannerdrake

Anyone have a good taxidermist they’d recommend in Indiana? Looking for someone who can do an elk and mule deer.
A lot of guys say they’ll do elk, but never have and have only done whitetails around here.

Anyone have a good taxidermist they’d recommend in Indiana? Looking for someone who can do an elk and mule deer.
A lot of guys say they’ll do elk, but never have and have only done whitetails around here.
What part of the state?
Rich Cline if you’re in southern IN

I live on northside of Indy, but I hunt in Ripley County (SE part of the state) so I'm not opposed to the southern part. I'll look him up!

I'm following this thread also. Would really like to find a first rate taxidermist somewhere north of Indianapolis. Don't really care how much it costs, if the work is first rate.

Look up Steven Klee Studios.

Also, Neil Fowler is a really good taxidermist, but he might only do whitetails. Should probably look into him too.

There are probably some others, but I know those 2 guys are very good taxidermists.

Look at bakers camp in Bainbridge about an hour west of indy. Very top notch Kevin the owner has done an elk, stuff from Africa, Turkeys and deer for me all turned out very nice and done when they said they would be done

I used Fireside Taxidermy down in Greenwood a few years ago. It's about 45 min south of Indy. Turned out solid. He was a reference from Archer's meet market. I believe he does elk as well. Picture for reference.

deer .PNG

Also remember jus cuz a guy does a swell job on say whitetail doesn't mean he does on mule deer and elk. He probably does but I would ask to see pics of his past work. Especially of the eyes and ears and all to make sure he does good detail work

Also remember jus cuz a guy does a swell job on say whitetail doesn't mean he does on mule deer and elk. He probably does but I would ask to see pics of his past work. Especially of the eyes and ears and all to make sure he does good detail work

Great point. Gotta do the homework.

If someone wants to drive a little farther, there is very good taxidermist in Casey. IL (west of Terre Haute). I believe the name is Tall Timbers. I personally have never used them, but a good friend has numerous mounts done by him, including deer, elk, mule deer, caribou, water buffalo, stag, etc. How a shop in a rural area of IL ever started doing all these I don't know, but his work is very good.

I got a guy in Middlebury IN, he only mounts mammals, has and does mule deer and elk, did my mule deer. Has some on display also in his shop. PM me for details

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back