In the market for a range finder.

Leica would be a solid way to spend your money. Sig Kilo also gets real strong reviews. Above posting about 2 failing within a 2 year time frame makes me nervous. He's the first guy I've seen say they had issues with Sig RF. Maven just came out with their first rangefinder touting 4500 yard range capability. Now, that's further than any sane individual would shoot but if it can actually range large rocks to even half that distance then I'd be tickled. It is a new company with a new product so I don't know how confident to be in spending your hard earned money there.

I've been using a Nikon for the past few years and at any hunting range it's been fine for me. When it dies I will probably go with a Leica simply based on the numerous solid reviews by so many people.

I’ll probably go Leica as well. I’ve been using the Nikon 550 for about 12 years and it’s been fine, but starting to get a finicky at dusk/dawn and in the cold. The new Maven is probably great, but I know that goofy dial on the side would drive me nuts.

I ordered the Leica 2400. Showed up yesterday. One word, "wow". I have a 12 year Nikon Prostaff 400. It has been old faithful, used only for bowhunting. But the clarity compared to the Leica is not even a discussion. The glass on the Leica is just incredible. It will be used eventually for western hunts, but if I were to use it here in New England, it would also replace the need for binos in the woods. It is that clear.

I use a sig and it works like a dream. You can also use the app on your phone to upload load data and view live stats regarding current temp, holdovers, etc.

The Leica 1600B just came,early.
WOW. Talk about clear,quick and accurate. Very light weight. A bit tight with the Marsupial RF pouch ,lengthwise,but not a problem.
I'll check low light this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back