Idaho OTC tags

One question, I'm seeing that there are reduced-price cow/calf tags, but it doesn't say anywhere what actual reduction is. How much is a cow elk tag?

One question, I'm seeing that there are reduced-price cow/calf tags, but it doesn't say anywhere what actual reduction is. How much is a cow elk tag?
Edit. Oops, I saw reduced price cow/calf tags without reading the title and assumed you were talking wyoming. I don’t know Idaho. Shouldn’t have been so quick on the trigger.

There are no reduced price cow/calf tags to my knowledge

I got mine, 3rd year in a row in 2021. No luck last two years, but I learned a lot. The wife encourages me to keep at it, so I do. Idaho is beautiful, and there are elk out there. Still, for me. Worth the week in the woods if nothing else. Hopefully you got a tag.
Are you hunting the Panhandle also? A or B tag?

I really doubt you will see less elk hunters in 2021 than you saw 10 or 20 years ago. The real problem is the increase in number of residents. Even if the units you are interested in have less nonresident hunters than 10 or 20 years ago, there will be even more new residents hunting those units than nonresidents that are displaced. The nonresidents that are camping for a couple weeks or more every year during the elk hunt will be the ones that buy their tags early and will still be there in 2021.
I agree completely. Idaho is growing and hunting is becoming more popular. I personally saw more elk this year than ever before and less deer than ever before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back