Idaho Elk Hunting 2008

TheEmperor

Greetings

I was hesitating on posting this but then I saw Moosies offer to assist with a moose hunt so I had a little more confidence. I would like to come out to Idaho and hunt elk in 2008. Controlled hunt or general hunt, I do not care. I am looking in to options. I have 2 interests.

1. Drawing a controlled tag and finding someone to assist me meaning show me a good area, possibly going with me for $$$ (see more below)

2. Joining up with someone at camp and being part of the team. I could go in my own direction and if I scored then camp could help and vice-versa.

I am willing to be a full contributing partner including expenses. I also have experience hunting whitey bucks in Northern Idaho so I could also offer that. I have got a couple nice ones and shot at a few more in 6 years of hunting there.

Some of the old moosie crew may remember me from a Website named takemehunting.com which I used to run. It was an auction site for hunting trips. Moosie and the rest of the members played a big part in getting it going. I have extensive programming skills and would also offer Web programming servies in exchange for someone to hunt with and/or help me out.

I am in Moscow right now. I fly back to Upstate New York tomorrow. I did not take a buck. I passed up a 120 and I saw one really nice buck for a split second. I saw a lot of deer but the cold,dry weather and full moon seemed to put a damper on things this year. I had a great time though!

Also, I plan on coming out this spring for a week of turkey hunting and horn hunting up North so keep that in mind too.

Anyway, I would love to go. I have hunted elk before (never got one), I am familiar with the entire State of Idaho, and I know all of what is involved. I would not be fussy about what I took unless someone gave me a good reason to hold out for a dandy for a couple days. If anyone would like to work out an arrangement then let me know.

Glad to be back here again!

Howdy
I sure miss chasing whitey up in Moscow. Spent 5 years there. Theres plenty of elk in that country, I'm surprised you haven't hunted them there.

Be careful with trading $$ for hunts as folks in Idaho have to be licensed outfitters to take funds and I believe it is also illegal to hunt with an "unlicensed guide".

That being said, trading hunts is still o.k. as is sharing a camp.

Elk hunting in Idaho can be very diverse, from over the counter cow tags to trophy bull controlled hunts. Some areas are very roaded while others may take a 5 mile pack just to get into the elk country.

ARe you a bow hunter? That opens up many other options. Drawing a tag can be a multi-year deal before you ever see the tag.

Southern Idaho has some pretty good controlled bull hunts, some decent over the counter archery tags, and a slug of over the counter cow & spike tags (rifle).

If your interested in some more specific options (units) send me a PM.

I don't know chit about elk hunting, but if you come out for spring turkey, shoot me a PM. Btw, my parents are originally from Utica, NY. I've been wanting to get back there for some turkey hunting, but haven't made it happen yet.

Hey guys

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it. I just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone repsonds over the next few months. Bow hunting? Perhaps in a couple years. Not now. Right now I want to do some rifle hunting. I don't care wherre. I just want to go. I thought I would try a little South. I have worked down in the McCall / Salmon area before but never really hunted there.

I have hunted up North mainly with a bow but I did not have a lot of time when I was there. I don't think the elk hunting, in general, is as good in the North as the South especially in the CH areas.

Turkey Hunting in New York? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Anymore, it sucks ass unless you own a lot of property. They get the chit hunted out of them. Everybody and there brother does it.

I plan on a little Moscow excursion next spring which will include turkey hunting, horn hunting, and I may set out a bear bait if I have enough time because I know an area where I was able to get hits within 24 hours bacj in the day. Of course, that exact area has now been lumbered and a slight shift in plans would be required. Plus those things are gross and I would never want to eat another one.

Thanks for the replies. I will keep checking back.

I hunt deer and elk, almost exclusively in Idaho. I've done reasonably well (actually get them) over the years. Honestly, I don't know how to PM, but, if you do and you're interested, do so and I'll help.

Can't take any money, or the guide people would have apoplexy. You could buy gas, but once you're here, that's not much. Let me know. Grant 208-220-2907

well if you bow hunted i could gurantee u a shot at a bull for a whitey swap but u rifle hunt would be harder, but if you put in for some controlled tags in a couple units and drew i could help ya out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back