Idaho Cow Hunt - Which Unit 32/45/24?

exponentialpi

I am pouring over maps and dates to try and find a good match to fill the freezer. I relocated to Boise last year and am still trying to get the lay of the land.

I am considering the later season cow hunts for Weiser River, Smokey-Bennett, or McCall. I am wondering if anyone has some general info on how these units perform in November historically or areas I should concentrate on scouting wise.

I am pouring over maps and dates to try and find a good match to fill the freezer. I relocated to Boise last year and am still trying to get the lay of the land.

I am considering the later season cow hunts for Weiser River, Smokey-Bennett, or McCall. I am wondering if anyone has some general info on how these units perform in November historically or areas I should concentrate on scouting wise.
smokey-bennett was a good hunt but they tripled amount of tags in 45 this year, when they went from controlled hunt to over the counter to appease some whiny ranchers. expect it will be a complete and utter clusterf%$#!

Thanks for the info. I am taking another look at the second controlled hunt draw as well. I spent time hunting Montana for years and still am trying to get a lay of the land.

Smokey Bennett OTC rags are sold out, so that one is off the list. Sounds like it will be a mess.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back