Idaho bait site only bear hunts

krshntr81

I would love to do a spring bear hunt next year in Idaho, but I do not want to do a guided hunt. Does any body know an outfitter or service that just sets up a bait station for you and lets you set up your own camp and hunt on your own.

i have never heard of anyone doing that but that is a good question. that would still basically be a guided hunt without the lodging tho. they likely wont sit in a treestand with you.

Be curious to see responses if anyone does this.

I am interested to see if anyone does this too, my dad is 71 and could not do a spot and stalk hunt, so sitting over a bait is the only way we can go. I enjoy setting up camp and don't need anybody to skin the bear. We do have some points for a Minnesota bear hunt, but would prefer to go in spring.

There used to be an old boy up on the Lochsa that did that. He would set up a dozen bait sites, or so, and some old cabins to stay in. Drive hunters around in the afternoon to go sit the baits, already had tree stands hung.

Can't remember the name, Ralph Olson, or Ralph Oswald, or Russ Olson, or Russ Oswald, or something like that.

There used to be an old boy up on the Lochsa that did that. He would set up a dozen bait sites, or so, and some old cabins to stay in. Drive hunters around in the afternoon to go sit the baits, already had tree stands hung.

Can't remember the name, Ralph Olson, or Ralph Oswald, or Russ Olson, or Russ Oswald, or something like that.

It was Ralph Oswald I believe. His camp was upriver from the Fish Creek Ranger Station.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back