Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

i got this game camera...

californiacoyotes

i bought a camtrakker about 6 months ago and it's just been collecting dust in the safe! it's partly because i'm a bnit lazy but mostly because i don't trust people...not even myself! i paid nearly $500 for it and don't want to loose it OR get it stolen! :confused: i originally got it to get more coyotes and greys but then i got to think about it's applications for my bear and maybe a deer this season.

anybody else got a problem like mine?!

I have one of the old gametrackers that is gathering dust, but it is mostly out of laziness.

Let me recommend a few things if you are going to use it with bear.

-clean it off real well with a damp rag and non-smelling soap (becareful).
-put it in a plastic bag with some tree limbs local to your hunting area.
-put some contact info on or in the unit.
-make sure it is concealed from prying eyes.

I have heard stories of bears eating these types of units so you don't want it to smell like your kitchen.

californiacoyote,
Get that thing out in the woods! I have had one for 2 years, and it's almost as much fun as hunting. I use it alot for bears in baiting season. It will tell you what is coming and what time they are there. Mine is in the woods now, I like the pictures of the little fawns.
A bear guide I know lost one to a bear because he had anise on his hands when he set it up. We now set them up with bare hands with no food scent. The human scent from it will keep them from tearing it up. Good luck, Brownie

Back