MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Huntin's just starting to get good!

Ithaca 37

A few inches of snow in the chukar hills and the temperature is great for hiking. Chased birds all over the hills of Oregon today and Scout was picking up scent 200 yards from the birds. No other hunters out there. I hope the rest of them have given up. Looks like January will be great hunting. The quail are still in great shape, too.

Just starting to get good! Where have you been? I have already shot 126 chukars so far. Last weekend we had too much snow and the birds were pushed down in the canyons. I will try again this weekend to see how it goes. It is good to hear that you are letting Scout get out and play. Ron

It's good now because most hunters are done for the year. The temperatures are great for hiking, the scenting conditions are great, I love seeing tracks in the snow and Scout and I are in top shape now. We've had a real good year so far, but it's best for the next three weeks. IMHO :D

Good to hear you're having fun!

I'm fearing the worst for the local birds from our last snow storm......It dumped 3 feet in 24 hours. I'm afraid many were buried alive. I can't get into my normal areas yet to see how they are doing. Hopefully they holed up in the rocks and not in the brush.

3 more weeks of season!

T, Please let us know what you find when you get out into the hills again. I hope the chukars can make it thru your heavy storm. If they can get to steep hillsides where the snow melts fast maybe they'll be OK.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back