Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunting for powder and bought a 17 hmr

Hammsolo

I was on the hunt for powder in Montana while visiting my Mom, and I found a firearm rather than the powder I was looking for. It’s a Bergara BMR 17 Hmr. I put Leupold bases and a Vortex DiamondbackHD 3-12 on it. I took it out and just shot some targets. I love it! I haven’t shot for groups yet, but am excited to hit the range.

Any thoughts on 17 Hmr ammo? I picked up a couple different CCI’s; 17 gr. V-Max, and VNT. I also grabbed a box of Hornady 17 gr. V-Max.

Attachments

• B1C0AE52-1B31-46A7-8995-B24F46E7C8DD.jpeg
    B1C0AE52-1B31-46A7-8995-B24F46E7C8DD.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 11
Congrats on the new rifle, I'd say that was a great consolation prize! I've got a Savage 17 HMR and it's a great shooting rifle. I use both the CCI and Hornady rounds. I try to buy quite a few boxes at a time, both shoot well with only a slight change in impact. The Hornady rounds in my rifle are the most accurate and I buy those if they're an option.

I too own a Savage 93 in 17hmr.

By far my favorite gun to shoot.

I'd agree with Hornady, but availability and price, just like everything

I'm another one with a 93 in 17HMR. I got the cheapo package several years ago (with a Bushnell 3x9x40) and it is my go to for small game and P-Dogs. Shoots great and loves the Hornady VMax rounds. It is a hoot and fun for everyone of all experience levels and ages to shoot. I'm sure that Bergara will be great!!

Last edited:
I shoot the Hornady 17 gr. V-Max in my Savage .17HMR, good groups and it will flat make a sage rat explode!
Great little caliber!

I really want to take a Yote with it. I usually use my 6.5, but it’s fun to mix it up.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back