MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Howa: Finally pulled the trigger

Eyeguy

Special ordered a Howa Hogue Kryptek Highlander version chambered in .25-06 for speed goats as well as for my wife for late season Doe hunting if she chooses. Should be sweet as molasses! Paired it with a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50 (which just arrived today). Im am very very excited! Thanks to everyone who gave input on my previous "Howa Rifle" thread. Next question is....which bullets? I ordered a couple of boxes of Hornaday Superformance SST in 117 grain. Should be death on pronghorn. Any opinions are always welcomed. Good luck this fall everyone!

Last edited:
I noticed the SST's in both my old 270 and 308 would wreck shop on deer. I'm sure antelope would be the same. Went in fine, came out like a wrecking ball! So I stopped using them and went to vmax's and nosler etip/accubond with great results.

I noticed the SST's in both my old 270 and 308 would wreck shop on deer. I'm sure antelope would be the same. Went in fine, came out like a wrecking ball! So I stopped using them and went to vmax's and nosler etip/accubond with great results.

Too much destruction leading to wasted meat?

I had issues with 150 gr SSTs in my .06 but they are accurate.

Love the Kryptek camo on those Howas. Thought it would be fun to get one done on a smaller caliber for predators, etc.

I had issues with 150 gr SSTs in my .06 but they are accurate.

Love the Kryptek camo on those Howas. Thought it would be fun to get one done on a smaller caliber for predators, etc.

Me too. It was a major selling point for me. Should be functional as well as fun to show off to the guys who hunt with me. Toughest part was deciding to do the black or the highlander camo.

Back