How to use a compass...

Well I am sure they wil tell him where to go.
biggrin.gif

I've never heard of "deviation." Declination is the difference between true north and magnetic north. The amount of declination depends where in the country you are. Here in western Washington it's around 19 degrees. True north is 19 degrees west of magnetic north. Declination gets smaller as you go east from here, somewhere in the middle of the country true north and magnetic north are equal, then as you go east from there it goes the other way. Most good compasses allow you to set the declination so it reads out in true north. What schmalts was talking about is not declination, it is just magnetic attraction.

Elkhunter i'll just leave my compass at house and trust you'll get me back . I ain't following Moosie no where.

Hell, we don't use compasses here we just go by the sun!!
wink.gif
If it ain't shinin then we just look at what side of the tree the moss is growing. HE HE. The indian gods taught mr that!!
biggrin.gif

Ray!!!
If you go just a little south west from where you are right now, you could be in the Ho rain forest...Which side of the trees does the moss grow on...LMAO!!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

10-4 GUYS
biggrin.gif
. The moss is so thick here that we strip it off the trees and sell it for beer money
drool.gif
. Elkchsr, they won't let us pick the moss off the trees in that there rain forest being as how the NPS owns it. Man if we could beer sales would increase 200 fold!! HE HE

Back