How old were you when you tipped your first elk?

I was 32 when I shot my first Elk! A decent 4X5 with a 7mm Rem Mag. Shot him 5 times to stop him! And yes, every round hit him! I was hooked!!!

ElkhntrinMD

I was 39. 6x6 with a 338 210gr nosler Partitions. Person I was with had a range finder that said 349 yards. Shot the elk accross a canyon up the side of another hill.

I think 20... can't remember.

Biggest cow elk I have seen shot. I also was scared I had shot a horse. Walked out from the motor home to watch the world go by at lunch time as the father in law took a nap. Over the hill walks 6 elk. Boom! Poked it, kicked it, stood on it to make sure it was dead. Ran the 400yds back to the motor home and told the old man we had work to do. He didn't hear a thing and didn't believe me till we stood by the animal. Funnest thing is that it died with it's butt on a two track road. My only elk I've 'not' had to pack out.

Here's my older brohters first elk we got last week.... http://www.azuho.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000043

later
cmc

I shot my first elk (a spike) when I was 19. Both my sons have me beat. Oldest boy killed a cow when he was 11. And my youngest boy killed a spike when he was 13.

I was 23. Shot a very old cow with my PSE Fireflight on the Gila. The only teeth in her mouth were her ivories. She tasted so bad I almost quit elk hunting. Haven't had a bad one since, though.

49!!! This year with my 38 year old brother right beside me,giving me advise. I'm going to post pics on thursday when my son gets home. don

That is really great pa mt man. I am looking forward to the pics and the full story. I hope someday that my brother will be here when I get one. I was with him when he got his elk and it was truely a joy for me.

I didn't get any thing until I left Wa. state and moved to Mt. I was out for five weeks and finally got into a good set up and got a nice 6X with my bow at 18 yards. That was only four years ago and now I have four for four..I was 37 at the time..
Welcome Antlershed!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back