Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

How do I

Nut

Well since TurkeyEye got a cam corder from Bill M and Linda while he stayed with them we should be video taping our hunts now. It is a 8mm one and I know nothing about these things.

How would would go about transfering them from 8mm to be able to upload them so I can share some of what we film?

Nut, you have to have video inputs on your pooter (unless you get into FireWire, which I doubt TE's camera has). You can get monitor cards with the video input built-in or you can add a separate card. Something along the lines of this one.
biggrin.gif
There's lots of different stuff available, depending on your hardware and needs.

I've always wanted to learn how to do it too, but my camcorder is really old and it seems real confusing as to how you get the film up on the internet, so I guess I'll stick to taking pictures with my digital camera.

Darren I just had the puter upgraded. and Nut not going to do anything to it. he has a lot of things on here now if he adds any more I going to
fight.gif
fight.gif
fight.gif

He can take the tape to the store and have them put it on a disk so he can upload it that way
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Who would put it into the computer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, the answer to that is "apparently not you!"
fight.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
I could do the tape conversion for you, but it would be kind of a pain to ship tapes back & forth, pick out what you want, etc. If Vipe knows a joint that will convert it to CD for ye then that's probably your best route.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-05-2003 07:41: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

Back