How about some bear pictures?

Mountain Boomer

There has been very few post w/ bear pictures and I would like to see some. So come on guys and help me out...K

------------------
rabbit2.gif

Now thats a big bear. I still havent taken one over 400 Tobey.I dont think my dogs dont like the real big bear because they are too easy to catch.LOL The 150 lbers are the ones that really give the dogs a workout. I will think of another exscuse in a minute.LOl
Who is the hound in the picture ??

George you need to start hunting around the dumsters behind Dunkin Donuts LOL That dog is Dutch the cat hound I sold 3 yrs ago.He got beat up by a bear and laid up for 2 week and would not stick on ugley ones after that.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Thanks Miller27. The first picture was a N.H. bear taken in Sept99 by a client,the big guy.It weighed 223 dressed.It was treed by Spot,Whiskey and Lady
Second pic is a Maine bear taken in Sept 2000. It was treed by Whiskey,Rock and Jack.That is Whiskey,red dog and Rock,the walker talking to him seconds after we shot him.That was a long hard race that covered several mountains and ended up treeing 500 yds from a highway.That bear weighed 307 dressed without any fat on him.
Third pic.255 lb N.H. bear taken in Sept 99 .Treed by Spot and whiskey.I only had 2 dogs with me that day as my third dog had been bit bad the day before on another bear we killed.It was a 6and a half hour drag to get this one in the truck !!!

Great pictures guys! If Tobey would leave the little ones alone you guys might have some worth hunting in the future...
biggrin.gif

George, you mentioned a 6 hour drag to the truck, can you not pack one out in NH? Do you have to get him out whole? In AR we can field dress and thats it until we get him to the check station. Tobey, how about Maine also?

One more question for George. What kind of old rifle is the guy in the last picture holding?

------------------
rabbit2.gif

We have small ones too lol.
In Maine we can only run 4 dogs at a time on bear,But we can relay them.I think NH has a 6 dog limit. In ME we can take the bear apart in the woods and can leave the torso behind with the guts.I have it down to 45 minuts for a 400#er.he he
In NH you hafe to bring them out hole

I have found the pack with the head and hide is the heviest.So I tell the shooter we got to cut the hude in two to bring it out LOL Then they always lug that one them selfs.he he

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

I will tell you one thing I really like about this board.It has real houndsmen and hunters here for sure.Tell you what i mean.Tobey and I posted some pics above. Buckshot must have noticed we didnt have a lot of dogs in the pics.So he asked about a dog limit.Only a real houndsmen would have noticed that. Then Boomer asked about the old rifle in one of my pics.How he knew it was old I dont know except he must know his guns.
That rifle is an origanal 1886 Winchester in .33 cal . The hunter is a gun trader.He mostly deals in old black powder safari type guns.He has a bunch of 8 bore type rifles that he still shoots and competes with.Most of them were custom built for royalty. These are guns that he buys and sells for 20 or 30,000 !!! He wanted to use one of these for his bear but I told him it just wasnt practical.The guns weigh around 20 or 25lbs. He decided on the 1886 win instead.He has 2 of them. He has to make the rounds himself including the brass.He said that the 1886 was worth about 3000 so he didnt mind if it got scratched up !!!.He and his son who hunts with me are the best shots I have ever seen.I will post some other pics of him with some bears he has shot with me.
Only people who know their s*** would have noticed that stuff !!!!

Those pictures got me sure wanting to go bear hunting with hounds.
Luckly my Hay dealers Father-in-law has a pack of hounds. So I am set for this year to go get me a bear YA!!!!!!!

John

------------------
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world"

Cliff Burton

[This message has been edited by hntrjohn (edited 03-14-2001).]

Great pics!!! I am going to bring my camera when we start running bear this summer, maybe get some tree pics..Cant wait!!.
biggrin.gif

Toby, You said bull was a night champion, Do you competition hunt, or did you buy him?

Josh
I hunted UKC Comp. hunts for about 20 years steady and hard.In the last 10 yrs I have been to about 3 hunts.I didn't like the direction things where heading.
I raised bull from a litter of my own He was out of a littermate to lipper and a Nance breed jip.I made him Night champion before he was 2 in 5 hunts 2 first and a thired.
------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

[This message has been edited by Tobey (edited 03-15-2001).]

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back