Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hot Weather Sitka Gear

TM0218

Looking for opinions on which pair of Sitka pants would be good for me. I primarily hunt in Florida so the weathers very warm. However I’d like to find a pant that would also work for hunting October/November CO or WY (MAYBE once a year) It might be a stretch to find one that does both, so I’m also open to a hot weather pant and a cold weather pant. Thanks

I use the Sitka timberline pants. I’ve used them in a CO October elk hunt ,August archery hunt and a whitetail Iowa hunt in December. I was very pleased. I don’t think they would be overkill for Florida, but I know it gets pretty hot down there.

Yeah I feel like I’ll have to go with two different pants. For warm pants I was starting to look at the ascent, traverse, and mountain pants, but I’ll look at apex as well. What makes it difficult is there’s nowhere around me to get my hands on them so it’s gonna be an order and try process

Go ascent.

I had timberline's this September in 60 degrees and I rolled em up to my knees haha bought a cheap pair of tan tac pants prior to the trip and wore those the rest of the time.

Sounds like ascents for warm and timberlines for cold are the winners lol

Sounds like ascents for warm and timberlines for cold are the winners lol
+1
e.png

Well good enough for me, where have you guys found the best prices on Sitka stuff?

Keep an eye on camofire or hunt of the day. Both offer Sitka gear for close to half price, but you have to act quickly when you see your size because it sells quickly. Sometimes they only have odd sizes XXsmall or XXXXlarge, but you can get normal sizes too. The items change daily, so check it daily. I have purchased numerous items from both, and the customer service is really good. Items ship quick, and if you find your size prices are great too.

Well good enough for me, where have you guys found the best prices on Sitka stuff?

The Sitka Ascent pants are on sale today on Camofire.com, 40% off. Only problem is the only sizes avail are 33, 35, or 37 inch waist. I hope that helps you out. Price is $113.99

I like the traverse pants way better then ascents, better fit and cut. Light weight and very breathable

Awesome thanks for the heads up I’ll check them out.

I was looking into the traverse as well but Sitka rates it as a warmer pant. It’s rated the same as the mountain pant

Own them both, there is about two Oz difference in them, the ascents are tighter in the thigh and calfs. The traverse is way way lighter then the mountain pants. No comparison there.

I LOVE the Ascents, they are the most breathable pant I've tried so far. It may be tough to use those in a November hunt, especially if you ran into weather but you may get by with additonal layers. Camofire seems to have the best deals, kind of a pain in the ass website imo, otherwise most dealers have a 20% sale periodically

Awesome thanks for the heads up I’ll check them out.

I was looking into the traverse as well but Sitka rates it as a warmer pant. It’s rated the same as the mountain pant

Today, huntoftheday.com has the Ascents for $124.99, sizes 33, 35, 37, and 44

Back