Hooked and a Smile

HFW

Hooked
I took my son (Jesse) out today for his first pheasant hunt. This was a preserve hunt and I asked for the birds to be placed in difficult cover to work Finn. As we had the site to ourselves there was a lot of ground and varied cover to go through. 15 Birds were placed 2 hours before we got there in a variety of tougher cover so I got my wish for a work out for Finn. Finn found 13 of the 15 and Jesse got good chances at 7, harvesting 4. Once of which in the picture below is an interesting color -- not quite a golden or blond but close.

I asked Jesse how he liked pheasants and he just could not stop talking about watching Finn work, the rush when a bird is found, flushes and he had to be ready. Just an excellent day and his comment at the end that he would like to do this with me during regular season was what I have been hoping for. He is hooked.

Now the Smile
We broke a firing pin on my 20 gage and I took it into the gunsmith today. The Gunsmith has a sense of humor --- looks at the shotgun says this is pretty nice, it is old.
I say yes I have had it for quite a while got it a number of years ago for my wife

His response. SWEET TRADE

Attachments

• Jesse P.jpg
    Jesse P.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 6
Back