High Priced Camo

You will never be successful as a elk hunter unless you wear either Kulu or Sitka, and a bino harness
You're right! ;)
qfbKqvsl.jpg

I pretty much just wear military surplus camo, even the hated UCP. Deer who haven’t seen all the YouTube rants about it have no idea it’s worthless.

I use the Wal Mart wrangler performance pants for wet wading and working on treestands along with other misc pre season work that needs to be done and love them! Probably my favorite pants for that.

However, with that being said I would never trust them or any of the other cheap pants for 12-14days ell hunting.

I went wet wading this weekend with a buddy who had some 511 fast dry pants, while my cheap wranglers worked and dry super quick they were covered with burdock and had several areas where the thread was getting pulled out from the marsh grass. The 511 pants had no stickers on them and looked good as new.

Also after spending 12 days in the same clothes on my most recent elk hunt I will vouch for the SG solid base layers. I brought the pants and long sleeve shirt home took them out of my pack and my wife asked if I even wore them, no wear marks, no stink at all. I doubt the cheap gear would be as well received 😀

Also the sitka traverse pants look brand new after 12 days of never coming off, I sleep in my clothes, so when I say never came off I mean on for 24hrs a day. They also didn't smell.

I know the cheaper stuff wouldn't hold up and I would need to pack several pants which isn't an option for my style of hunting.

I use to think that until I hiked in a pair of Sitka or Kuiu pants now I don’t think I’d go back. It felt so easy to move. Course I’d never pay full price for them. I’m a camofire or classifieds guy. No way would I want to hunt in blue jeans. get wet and get heavy and don’t dry worth a shit

Happy to dog on Sitka and Kuiu bros. But I will say that my bino harness is my favorite piece of gear.

If your binos are in a bag, you aren’t using them enough. And if they are hanging around your neck you are banging them on things.

Absolutely one of my favorite pieces of gear that I have bought. Having those damn things hanging around my neck or dragging them through the dirt and snow when I’m laying down or crawling no thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back