Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hi from Utah

Loren Swensen

Hi everyone,
So I have not been hunting yet. I did not grow up in a family that hunts. I grew up in southern Arizona and moved up to Utah for school. Growing up I didn't know many people that were hunters. But I've always loved the outdoors and cooking with meat. I have been wanting to get into hunting for a few years now. I am 28 years old, a bit late to start getting into hunting but better late than never. I just recently graduated from collage and now have a bit more time and money that I can put towards getting gear and learning.
My goal this year is to go hunting for my first time. So being new to all this I have been trying to learn all that I can about drawing tags, hunting regulations, what gear I need, etc. So if any of you have any recommendations on where to learn about hunting in Utah I'm eager to hear it.

Welcome! I can’t help with Utah specifically but I would encourage you to check out the Meat Eater podcast. Steve did a couple of them a few months ago with a new female hunter and she got to explain her perspective starting out on her own. It along with Randy’s are great places to start the listening portion.

http://meateater.libsyn.com/ep-094-female-hunters

Last edited:
Welcome! I can’t help with Utah specifically but I would encourage you to check out the Meat Eater podcast. Steve did a couple of them a few months ago with a new female hunter and she got to explain her perspective starting out on her own. It along with Randy’s are great places to start the listening portion.

http://meateater.libsyn.com/ep-094-female-hunters

Great Resource! Love Rinella.

Welcome to the boards, and to the world of hunting. Utah is a great place to do it!

Welcome ! Being from the great state's of Az. and Utah you probably can teach us a few things as well, enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. I spent a couple years in Utah some time ago and really enjoyed the state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back