Caribou Gear

Hi from Australia!!

S13tsilvia

Hello everyone,

I am a keen hunter from Australia that mainly focuses on Sambar deer, hunting them over hounds and some stalking. Have been hunting for over 20 years chasing the big brown buggers all over the countryside and just love it, 3rd generation hound hunter and its in my blood!

Here is one i shot the other week over the dogs with my 338, bit of a mongrel head but a big bodied deer that was around 250 kgs or 500 pounds in your scale :)

Another one i have shot that was running up the river, had to go duck diving to pull him out, one of the other guys in our crew shot off his browtine before i got him :(

I am going to post some questions on Mule and Elk deer hunting in the correct forum areas as i plan on coming over to the USA next year with my dad to try and bag one of each so need info on guides, free range only deer etc.

If anyone has any questions on what hunting's like in Australia please feel free to send me a pm etc.

Cheers Josh

Last edited:
Welcome! If you happen to decide to hunt other game like whitetail, ducks,squirrels or rabbits with dogs i might be able to help out. Feel free to pm me with questions. Im from Louisiana were hunting with hounds is legal.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back