Hey Washingtonians...

smalls

I am spending the next week of my life (starting Sunday eve) in Tri-cities, WA. Is it as big of a shithole as everyone says? Basically a nuclear disaster waiting to blow down three big trailer courts?

Anyway. I am looking forward to it, I get along well with the salt of the earth. :D

I don't think it's that bad. It's a good place to be if you're into fishing. There's some good fishing there in the Columbia River. But I'm sure you won't be there for that. If possible, I would avoid Pasco. I think Kennewick is the nicer of the 3 cities. That's about all I know. Stayed in the area a couple of times years ago when I was pheasant hunting, and we went there once on a goose hunt. It sure wouldn't be my choice of a place to live, but I doubt if a week will kill ya! Have fun!

No, I don't think it will be too bad. I wish I had time for a goose hunt. Unfortunately I am riding with some other people or I would pack up the decoys and make some time for some hunting. I think we have a fairly rigorous schedule during the day....

Is there steelhead in the columbia? That I would like to do!

Yeah, salmon and steelhead. I don't know if they're catching them right now or not. Check www.wdfw.wa.gov. There may be some info on there. Or do a google search. There are guides that fish the Columbia for steelhead and salmon. There ought to be at least one or the other right now in good numbers, maybe both. I don't pay much attention to the fishing, especially when hunting season is going on. Also, a real good fishing website to check would be www.piscatorialpursuits.com. Check the message board on there and you should get some good info.

Tri cities are pretty nice, i live an hour to the north in Yakima, stay in kennewick or richland. Pasco is kinda the rough part of the tri cities. I wouldnt want to live there but to visit isnt that bad.

I went through there this past weekend on the way to wine country. Loaded up the back of the pickup with a years supply! If you drink enough wine the Tri cities aren't so bad.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back