Hello Hunt Talk!

Runnin_Chupacabra

Hello Hunt Talk!

I'm a lifelong waterfowl hunter living out here in on the Central Coast of CA and have recently gotten into hunting some larger critters. My first deer season was unsuccessful but this year I've been putting in the miles scouting/checking cams and enjoying all the preparation that accompanies (hopefully) a great season! Recently, I've begun to build points in other western states across various species and am excited to be apart of the Hunt Talk community learning from those with more experience and contributing where I can!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! There is a waterfowl crowd on here so your input and stories will be welcomed! Ever shot a cinnamon teal? Ive always wanted to try the Pacific flyway for one of those birds!

Welcome aboard! There is a waterfowl crowd on here so your input and stories will be welcomed! Ever shot a cinnamon teal? Ive always wanted to try the Pacific flyway for one of those birds!

Thanks Boomerusaf, glad to hear! I have shot my fair share of cinnamon teal in the central valley as well as Sacramento. I'd have to say teal are one of my favorite eating birds out here! I've never shot ducks outside of Ca but I would definitely recommend the Pacific Flyway! It's isn't unusual for a group of us to combine a Sacramento duck hunt with a Lake Tahoe ski trip on a long weekend!

Thanks Boomerusaf, glad to hear! I have shot my fair share of cinnamon teal in the central valley as well as Sacramento. I'd have to say teal are one of my favorite eating birds out here! I've never shot ducks outside of Ca but I would definitely recommend the Pacific Flyway! It's isn't unusual for a group of us to combine a Sacramento duck hunt with a Lake Tahoe ski trip on a long weekend!
Good to hear. I might have to load up the gear and go!

Keep trying for deer. Most years end in tag soup! Once you successful, you'll be hooked! It's a grind and it will happen when you least suspect it!

Back