Hello from Wyoming

wyhunter24

Hi there Hunt Talk. I’ve snooped around long enough so I decided it was time to become a member. I now live in Central Wyoming (Casper) after spending the last 5 years in Rawlins (WY) and 5 years before that in Douglas (WY). I just hit the magical 10 year mark as a resident and got the coveted lifetime license!!

I try to spend as much time as possible outside whether it be hunting, fishing, hiking, spear fishing, or scuba diving. Wyoming has found a way to offer all these and more and my wife and I try to embrace it all. Recently my focus has been on antelope and mule deer hunting but I plan to hunt elk this season as well, all in WY. I am also taking up traditional archery and would like to try and harvest an animal with the struggle stick sometime soon.

Professionally, I am a welder in the energy industry; right in the middle of the sage grouse debate. I think the two can coexist through innovation and compromise. I like to use my welding abilities to “improve” my camp/ hunting setup whenever I can. Before becoming a welder I was a wild land firefighter for the BLM and USFS, this allowed me to travel all across the state and country seeing new, wild places.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

Brendon Edwards

Welcome from the southern portion of the state, Wyoming is unique for sure. I've never lived in a place where we have access to what we do, I had a brief thought last year during elk season that I wanted to give traditional archery a shot. A fella in a camp over from ours had a recurve, he invited me to give it a try and I was quickly humbled. It was fun to shoot, but good grief it wasn't as easy as he made it look! It was a celebration if I stuck the block from any distance! As much as we enjoy Wyoming, we strategically take our dive drips during the winter to escape it for a bit. Good luck with the upcoming draws!

Welcome from Cody! Great board, if u need help just ask if u can contribute please do.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back