Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Heads up Guys Central Idaho

IDFireLass

Central Idaho is extremely dry. Storms suppose to be coming in starting tonight. But not holding my breath on receiving any moisture of any amounts. One new fire started yesterday in a weird spot. No lightning for a while. Hunter caused? Who knows. BUT! STOP and think before starting a warming fires, going off and leaving them! Yes suppose to have moisture by Thursday but most storms have missed us this summer. We've only had 3 inches of moisture since the start of the year. Cooling down after today (we hope) 80 degrees today.
As Smokey says, Drown your camp fires! Even if that means stirring with dirt!!

Tired of breathing smoke! Still seeing smoke from the Boundary fire on the horizon in the evenings.

Nothing yet. Had clouds yesterday. Nothing over night. Radar showing something green just to our south. Until it hits me in the face hard I'm not buying this 70% chance today.
Boise area had a 200 acre fire last night. All of Idaho is dry this year.

Thanks for heads up. Maybe snow Monday help?

There was a 400 acre fire just outside of Boise Wed night. It was burning like it was August. Rain is spotty and some areas are getting more than other places. Seen fresh snow yesterday morning but about 8,000 and up. Also suppose to get cold by Monday. Hope so.

Reactions: jdf
Well it finally rained over night. Here at the house got .30 don't know how much other places? What a small relief for now. Guess I better finish watering trees and start rolling hoses.

Thankfully summer has broken north of the Clearwater. Our fire danger is still listed as MODERATE in the the Palouse Ranger District. This is higher than normal for October, but way down from the summer extremes.
The garden is frozen out and there is a heavy dew or frost each morning.

That's gone by mid-morning and you could light it if the did something stupid.

Last edited:
Central Idaho is extremely dry. Storms suppose to be coming in starting tonight. But not holding my breath on receiving any moisture of any amounts. One new fire started yesterday in a weird spot. No lightning for a while. Hunter caused? Who knows. BUT! STOP and think before starting a warming fires, going off and leaving them! Yes suppose to have moisture by Thursday but most storms have missed us this summer. We've only had 3 inches of moisture since the start of the year. Cooling down after today (we hope) 80 degrees today.
As Smokey says, Drown your camp fires! Even if that means stirring with dirt!!

Tired of breathing smoke! Still seeing smoke from the Boundary fire on the horizon in the evenings.

Thankfully summer has broken north of the Clearwater. Our fire danger is still listed as MODERATE in the the Palouse Ranger District. This is higher that normal for October, but way down from the summer extremes.
The garden is frozen out and there is a heavy dew or frost each morning.

That's gone by mid-morning and you could light it if the did something stupid.

Thank you for the updates and hope the fires and "chance of a fire" are behind you guys for 2021.

It's still raining here in Idaho falls, hopefully we're through the biggest risk.

I hope so too. See the Salmon/Challis forest took all the closures off. Just haul a chainsaw or handsaw when in the burned areas. With any kind of strong winds you will have to cut your way out.
Here at the house moved some dirt around with my toe and the moisture wasn't down that much. But this morning a lot of dew and the RH was way up. So hoping all the dried fuel is soaking up some of the moisture which will help with fires and shorter days and longer night with higher RH will help too.

Yeah hopefully. 100 and 1000 hr may take a bit yet.

Heads up! Bring warm cloths and snowshoes. Yep, it's snowing like a bugger right now 0528. Suppose to warm up by the weekend so the weather peeps are saying right now.
jdf- will take a long time for the 1,000 hour fuels to wet up.
Looked like a very dismal start to the deer season. Didn't see any horns in the back of trucks/sidexsides coming in yesterday afternoon.

Heads up! Bring warm cloths and snowshoes. Yep, it's snowing like a bugger right now 0528. Suppose to warm up by the weekend so the weather peeps are saying right now.
jdf- will take a long time for the 1,000 hour fuels to wet up.
Looked like a very dismal start to the deer season. Didn't see any horns in the back of trucks/sidexsides coming in yesterday afternoon.

Yeah. 10 4. Obviously.
Thanks. Wheels up this morning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back