Heading Out

Let us know how the bike works out. Could be a great educational post on this forum?

I think many would be curious to see what kind of strategy, hunt planning, concessions, changes needed to be made to a hunters hunt style given one of these bikes. Logistics like safety, bike security (not cheap machines), ability to cover certain types of terrain distance under heavy load (backpack camp, quartered animal and so on.....).

And just for clarity, e-bikes are specifically forbidden on Federal lands where the trails are marked “non-mortorized only”. State’s are not as clear on whether they are allowed on non-motorized trails on state lands. I got conflicting answers from different gov’t officials when I inquired about UT state lands about a year and half ago.

And just for clarity, e-bikes are specifically forbidden on Federal lands where the trails are marked “non-mortorized only”. State’s are not as clear on whether they are allowed on non-motorized trails on state lands. I got conflicting answers from different gov’t officials when I inquired about UT state lands about a year and half ago.

Now that's educational...Something I had no idea about. I have no interest in an e-bike myself but it's interesting to see how technology is changing hunting, hunting methods and logistics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s the BLM policy:

It’s new tech @Nameless Range , so it will (and should) get debated. ATV’s have been around for a long time, and still get debated, or at least grumbled about. I’m moderately pro e-bike, but certainly understand the concerns of those opposed to it.

There’s been several threads on here on the topic of e-bikes. Too many to list here, so just do a search if you want the history of the discussion on the issue. There was a survey post where it was something like 85% opposed. I made my points, but apparently didn’t change many minds on it. LOL.

A picture of an ebike needn’t generate debate anymore than a picture of a four-wheeler or truck.

Have fun scouting marshman.
I posted in this thread to try and avoid to much debate. This is my new hunting rig.
Were i am going motorcycles are allowed almost universally. I am not trying to go faster or further than them, just trying to find my own space.

Let us know how that rig works out for you. Did you get any kind of trailer for it? I test drove one at the main location in Ogden and really liked it, but ultimately didn’t buy one because of concerns that it was prohibited in the places I typically hunt.

Yes i do have the single wheel hunting trailer, really want to try it loaded. Most of the private timberland in WA they are being allowed behind locked gates and that is a lot of space in western WA.
Also pretty good in a lot of ID.
Ill post some reports as my experience unfolds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back