Harley

mdcrossbow

Hatched 4/19
Belgium Delbar racing Pigeon.
It's been 2 months since Jimmy was taken by a hawk.
I'm thinking 2-3 weeks in the office and a week on a tether around the building. She needs to know her surroundings. Homing pigeons make great pets who need there freedom to fly. The only drawback are hawks.

Attachments

• 20230603_144322.jpg
    20230603_144322.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230603_145516.jpg
    20230603_145516.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
How many pigeons have you lost to hawks?

Cause if it’s multiple, and you just keep replacing them, it kinda just sounds like you’re feeding pigeons to hawks.

How many pigeons have you lost to hawks?

Cause if it’s multiple, and you just keep replacing them, it kinda just sounds like you’re feeding pigeons to hawks.
Just the one. Harley is my 2nd.
Jimmy could out run a Redtail which she did 3 times but a periquen falcon no Chace on a surprise attack.
The bird becomes very smart learns or the alternative.

I started following Rocky Ridge kennel and Loft on YouTube. I'm thinking I'd like to have a small flock when I retire. I want to learn about the bird 1st. Hawk attacks are unavoidable.

I keep small loft of 20 racing pigeons. It seems they're only vulnerable when hanging out. When flying they seem pretty safe. I did lose 3 last winter to falcons.
They really are interesting birds. I wish I had their sense of direction.

I keep small loft of 20 racing pigeons. It seems they're only vulnerable when hanging out. When flying they seem pretty safe. I did lose 3 last winter to falcons.
They really are interesting birds. I wish I had their sense of direction.
Do you race them or just fly them ?

Back