Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Had An Early Morning,,,,

Hunterman

,,,,Visitor today
yawn.gif
The rooster (the little banty, that murdered our big rooster in the cow trough) started crowing, then raising hell about 5:30 this morning..."FARM ALARM!!!" A coyote was in the pasture heading for the coop :eek: I ran to the den and got my trusty 12ga.and loaded it with what I thought was 00buck
hump.gif

With my trusty old chicken raider remedy in had, I slowly opened the back door...( :D this is too easy)Mr. Coyote was standing about 50 yards (give or take), when I put the bead on his head, and touched off..One fugging lucky coyote, I missed :mad: The first shot, instead of 00buck, was a 1 oz. slug(that would have been a mess)I wondered why that shot hurt so much on my shoulder( maybe I should have used my .22 with the muzzel break,and 3" recoil pad)

Oh well,,at least I got to shoot at something this morning
elkgrin.gif
NEXT TIME HIS ARSS IS MINE :mad:
elkgrin.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

Thats to funny Tony....

My father in law talks about when he was young and they would stay at an uncles, they had a rooster, cept it's internal clock was a little off, he said at 0330 that thing would be out on a fence post going off....ERRRR ERRRRR ERRRRR ERRRRR and wake every one up....
One morning the rooster started going off as usual and as it was sounding off this is what he heard...
ERRRR ERRRR ERRRR ERRRR POW!!!! :eek: :D :D :D

You know 1 coyote in 7 years aint too bad
hump.gif
With raising rabbits and chickens, and cows,, I feel real lucky...Some of the folks around here get nailed all the time..

Hunterman(Tony)

Hunterman, Too bad you missed. I do have to say that even with 00 Buck at 50 yards there's a good chance the coyote would've got away. You ought to try using either #4 Buchshot or BB's. Your pattern would have a lot less holes in it.

When I was growing up in Woodinville, we had a gob of rabbits and chickens that we were raising, after the fourth attack on our rabbits with well over 200 killed in a matter of a month, my dad stepped off the porch and let the biggest one have it right in the arse. It totally removed the head on the exit with a 7mm Mag...It seemed to put an end to loose dogs around when their leader got smoked, to this day, I am death on loose dogs. I saw first hand what they can do and was the one that had to clean up the carnage they created. I collected a stack of dead rabbits that was almost four feet deep and a pile of chickens that was over two feet deep....
If a dog is loose and running around looking for trouble, when they meet me, they end up finding it.... ;)

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back