H.D.Discovery Channel

Bill M

Did any one see I believe they call it Discovery Earth Ive watched this show a few times and so far they never say a word and your only hear the sounds of the river,birds ect. The other evening they had a show about a place in China, fisherman were on this river just at day break. They had narrow bamboo boats with colman lanterns tied on the front. On these little boats there were Lone like birds and he would pick them up by there necks and place them into the river ,they would dive under a number of times and he would hook them by a leg and pull them back to the boat and some how make them up chuck the fish into a basket then turn them back repeating the whole prcess. After his basket was full he would pick them up by there neck and sit them on the boat and they would set there like a trained dogs and off to his village he went. But besides the fisherman the mountains were beautiful they seemed to come straight down to the river banks in places covered with timber. I could almost see T-Bone and Moosie back packing into this area after some kind of exotic sheep.But each show is filmed just as the sun starts to come up. Pretty cool !

I have witnessed this method of fishing in Japan when I lived there. It is really neat to watch. The bird is a cormorant. Very similar to the nasty old fish ducks we used to shoot up on Puget Sound.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back