Gunsmith Recommendation

Jape

Anyone have a gunsmith in the Salt Lake, Utah area (or further north) that they recommend? Having an issue with mounting a scope and could use someone that is competent to explore ideas.

What is the rifle and scope mounting issue?

I threw a NF SHV on my Browning Hells Canyon but I can’t seem to get the clearance I need between the barrel and objective lens while also getting the eye relief that I need. I suppose I could try higher rings, but like the ones I have and cannot return them. Wondering what options I have.

Get higher rings and sell the others here or on a similar site. Or offer to trade. To get the ER you need maybe consider a Picatinny style base. I assume you have Weaver style bases. eBay has lots of choices.

A rail will give you more adjustment for ER and clearance also. Could also go 20MOA on the rail.
What is your current base and ring setup?

Good ideas. I didn’t go with a pic rail and instead used Browning’s bases/rings because I prefer that look. I know, vain right? But I just have never liked a pic rail on anything but an AR. Is there no way to get what I’m looking for with the bases/rings I have?

Good ideas. I didn’t go with a pic rail and instead used Browning’s bases/rings because I prefer that look. I know, vain right? But I just have never liked a pic rail on anything but an AR. Is there no way to get what I’m looking for with the bases/rings I have?

Higher rings will will get you clearance and maybe ER. Are the rings available in some sort of offset configuration?

From the sounds of it doesn’t sound as if you will get clearance and the eye relief you need with the current.
I’d recommend a set of Talley Lightweight in the Hells canyon finish. Probably mediums depending on which model SHV.
Sell your current rings and bases to recoup some funds.

You will HAVE to put on higher rings to get the clearance that you want. They will not effect the er, though, unless you either go to a picitinny, or buy offset rings. You may not like the rails, but they give lots of er option, for mounting a scope. I put them on every one of my rifles, with medium rings. I could even go low rings on some, but like a bit more height to the scopes. Just my approach.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back