Ground Blinds

Quarter Round

Amreristep Penthouse TSC™ Mossy Oak® New Break-Up™

Purchased for rifle stand.

:rolleyes: Cumbersome to pack any distance and not ideal for frequent moves. 22lbs

:rolleyes: Difficult to store in pack until you get the hang of it. Takes practice. |oo

:eek: Size is tall enough to stand and stretch or share blind with youngster or wife. Ht 90" x Floor 78"x78"

hump Withstood strong wind gusts 30+ mph. :eek:

:D Deer did not detect me by scent at 15 yds on downwind side. Light breeze.

:) Versatile windows are located on all sides and provide good visibility with low detection risk.

:rolleyes: I stayed dry through blowing snow and rain, but water ran down the inside walls.

:D Good product for stand hunters. I will purchase a smaller unit for distant pack in stands.​

Share your comments on this or other blind products.

Thanks 1/4round. I want to get one before next 'lope season and have been looking at some Double Bulls, which are pretty spendy for me. They are lighter, but I can't compare to other options. Are you familiar with the Double Bull line? I will look into the Amrerstep line.

I have used a Double Bull for turkey and antelope, and it works very well. They seem a little bulky to carry, but with the carry case and strap, it is still better than packing a bag of duck or goose decoys... Lots of room for two, and just snug for three people. I'm not too fond of the shoot thru netting, but we just made another shooting hole in the center of the net that can be closed up until needed for a shot... Not tall enough to stand in.
Very enjoyable to hunt from....

I'm over 6', and I'd say the blind is about 5'6" tall in the center. We took lawn chairs and shot our bows sitting on the chairs..wasn't too bad...
I'd hate to be sawed off.....Did it hurt???
LOL..

Fellas,
Here are several pics of the finest ground blind made.
My friend Leroy Braungardt in Moscow Mills,MO makes 'em.
I think the tab is around $400-450 now.
He has refined the design over the last 20 plus years and trust me there is absolutely nothing he hasn't addressed. He originally designed it for bowhunting turkeys, but it works extermely well on goats or deer.
Emmys_first_gobbler_by_silo_4_24_04.jpg

emmysilo1.sized.jpg

paulwithbird2003.jpg

If anyone would like more info, send me a PM.
WD

mtmiller>> I've not used the Double Bull, but it was on my review list and dropped off due to price. Something to consider is the camo pattern and outline for antelope hunting.

antlerrick>> The Penthouse is tall enough and shooting windows configured for standing or seated shooting. I like your sack full of decoys example, pretty much sums it up.

Wally Dog>> Nice looking blind. How does it stand up to wind and inclement weather.

Another blind I use in spring gobbler season is the Magnum umbrella. Compact and gives me enough to hide behind for close in calling with shotgun.

Quarter,
The blind has 5 long tie down cords and I seam seal and waterproof the roof. In snowy or rainy weather I simply use a stick to prop up the center of the roof to give it a little pitch. It sure beats sitting out in the elements when it's nasty!
Take a peek at my "turkey gallery" pics to see the snowy crap we had for the opener of turkey season last year.
WD

MT.....the Ameristeps are a little noiser, and from my experiences, deer spook from them even when brushed in......and the darker camo is hard to blend with any antelope setting, though i suppose it could be done...... :confused:

I went to a Double Bull T5 in Predator Deception and I love it....that pattern blend in with just about anything....it simply amazes me. I had it set up against a small clay butte next to a waterhole for my goat this year.....the landowner had saw "something" and wondered when that large clay boulder showed up....it blended in perfectly.......same with deer hunting also.......I'm hoping to pick up a second one next spring.

By the way, buy one used.....I know a fella down in Sheridan, that trades them in, and gives a guy a heck of a deal........I paid $300 for mine used........could maybe find you even a little better deal...........and go with the "5" series....don't get a T2, they might be lighter, but you'll wish you had the extra room......... ;)

Thanks for the info iminrut. The $400+ price tag is a little scary, but I will look around. Are you recommending the T5 Prostaff or the Import? I would probably go with the Standard over the Recurve (your thoughts?).

Have you tried the blind for waterfowling?

I would definitely recommend the T5 over the Import........not there is anything really wrong with the import, but it is made overseas, and the quality isn't quite as good....hence the cheaper price. And I would stay with the standard heigth as well.........

I haven't tried mine waterfowling, well..because..I ain't much of a waterfowler......never got much of a taste for geese and ducks(although I have had goose jerky and it is good stuff)......give me a partridge or pheasant any ol' time......

As prices go.....if a guy is patient, I'm guessing I could find a used Import for around $200-225......and a T5 for around $250...............mine was the BS5, and I picked it up for $300...........just some thoughts......

iminrut>> Your point about the dark color is the failure of many camo patterns. The breakup pattern worked well in my area in the east, but would be obvious in open areas. Deer did not react to the blind by sight, sound, or scent. I checked it from different angles and distances after set up and it was difficult to see. I like the concept of the Double Bull, but at retail price I must put my hands on one and test the quality first hand. I would expect them to be as weather proof as a tent comparably priced.

Back