Grizzly Shot

Elkhunter

A five year old male grizzly bear was found shot and killed last week in Buffalo Valley. The bear had come out of hibernation around March 8th, and his radio collar allowed the Game and Fish to monitor his activities. An anonymous source found the dead bear, and reported it to the Jackson Game and Fish office. The carcass was discovered a bout a mile and a half south of the Grand Teton Park RV Resort. Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call the Jackson Region Game and Fish office at 733-2321.

OOPSHITE!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Thats does suck but hey what do you expect. I hope it was atleast a DLP bear. They make killing a griz worse than murder it seems. No one is gonna admit to it (if it was DLP). 3 S's and hope there are no witnesses

Lilbiggun,
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I can't really disagree with you on that.
Even if someone admits it and said it was in self defense ,all the bull chit they have to go through would be enough to make ya just walk away.
Now if it was me
eek.gif
all they would have to do was follow the smell because I for sure would of chit my pant's and been sick.

The area descbed where it was found really doesn't have any houses or people around there except for a guest ranch whic is basicly used only in the summer. It is actions like this that make it hard for the griz to be delisted. Perhaps this was done by some of the antis to help block the delisting which is in the works and publicized two weeks ago.

Maybe whoever it was should have taken the collar and threw it on the back of some big rig. Let's see them monitor that bear doing 70 mph heading east along the Interstate.
biggrin.gif

I like the big rig idea. I "hear tell" of a cat that was shot and tossed in the river for the same purpose.
wink.gif
wink.gif

I actually know someone that did that with an elk collar just before going through a game check. While they were waitiong in line, they threw it in the back of someone's horse trailer because they thought they would get in trouble for shooting a collared elk. When they told us that story we couldn't stop laughing.

A while back, when the wolves were first inroduced, I had heard of some one putting it on a little some thing that floated and they put it in one of the rivers... The fish and game realized they had been had when the collar was still putting out a becon in the shipping lanes in the Pacific Ocean...
biggrin.gif

I do feel sorry for the reintroduced animals ,because some people take out there frustration out on the grizzly or wolf for doing what they are born to do ,i would think because they feel these animals were dumped on them. ( no matter how many "Polls" were taken.)
But my guess would be someone that is fed up with the whole thing of the grizzly & wolf and trying to make a statment?

I know its wrong ,but I just dont feel the same way about someone shooting a wolf or grizzly bear ( as long as its not in a park) .
I just dont come across very many people that are in support of all the large predator reintroduction. (despite what the polls say)
rolleyes.gif

Now that you mention it, that does sound pretty early, did they figure about how long it had been dead?

With the lack of snow in the lower elevations and the warm temps we have been having, G&F told me that bears have been coming out on a regular basis. It was about 3 weeks ago when I was talking to them.

Ya'll stand by.. I just heard we have another Artic Storm headed down. Should be in California tonite and in Arizona tomorrow.. Means we may get snow in April...

cool.gif

I hope you all enjoy the little chill!!!
Maybe I can be down there when it gets really hot and play in the fires that will surly hit...
biggrin.gif

Back