Greetings

Jaeger Fischer

Hello,
I am an adult onset hunter currently living in north central Washington (also known as the dry side). I'm originally from the midwest and was not exposed to the sportsman's lifestyle until attending the University of Montana in the late eighties/early nineties (the exact number of years I spent earning a bachelor's degree is not relevant). I tried hunting for the first time around 1996 while still living in Montana. I moved to Wenatchee, Washington in 2000 and initially had some difficulty interpreting (and accepting) a new set of hunting regulations. I am particularly passionate about the pursuit of elk and mule deer. In recent years, I have taken up archery hunting and it has prompted me to take my hunting to the next level. I also enjoy fly fishing for trout in high mountain lakes and trolling for salmon on the upper Columbia river. I have always been an advocate for the wilderness (I spent a couple of years as a Wilderness Ranger for the USFS in the mid-nineties), so I fully embrace Randy's conservation message and vehemently oppose those advocating the transfer of public lands to the states. I am also prone to being somewhat verbose, but I will try to control it.

Welcome. If you do chase those massive flocks of mallards that central Washington is known for, there are some waterfowl nuts among our crowd of big game hunters.

Welcome. If you do chase those massive flocks of mallards that central Washington is known for, there are some waterfowl nuts among our crowd of big game hunters.

I've been wanting to try upland bird and waterfowl hunting. However, I am the Operations Manager at a regional commercial service airport, so I spend most of my late fall/winter months plowing snow and chasing geese off the airport.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back