PEAX Equipment

Greetings from El Paso for now!

Welcome from El Paso! There are alot of hunting opportunities out here if you know where to look. Evening and VERY early mornings are beautiful out here in the desert. Go Hiking up by Transmountain drive. There are tons of mulies up there you can practice getting close to. Rim Road areas also carry some big mulies. Can't hunt them, but fun to stalk and try to get close. Javelina are further east near Van horn and there are some wild pigs around the farms down near ft. Hancock.

Welcome from El Paso! There are alot of hunting opportunities out here if you know where to look. Evening and VERY early mornings are beautiful out here in the desert. Go Hiking up by Transmountain drive. There are tons of mulies up there you can practice getting close to. Rim Road areas also carry some big mulies. Can't hunt them, but fun to stalk and try to get close. Javelina are further east near Van horn and there are some wild pigs around the farms down near ft. Hancock.
Is there public land down around there? I have never had the chance to harvest a javelina and I would love to do that, and to eat some.

I have never had the chance to harvest a javelina and I would love to do that, and to eat some.
There are good javelina opportunities in New Mexico as well. Long season and not too expensive.

I find javelin meat to be quite tasty. We use it for chili beans.

Gotcha. We are here for the next 2-3 years. Be sure to get a membership at the rod & gun club, great place to get out and practice before season opens.

J
I was out there today. Hoping I get lucky this year and draw for the one they hold there. I’ll probably still put in for New Mexico non resident elk next year though. Up between Alamogordo and Ruidoso I saw them everywhere when we were flying.

I was out there today. Hoping I get lucky this year and draw for the one they hold there. I’ll probably still put in for New Mexico non resident elk next year though. Up between Alamogordo and Ruidoso I saw them everywhere when we were flying.

Yeah I spend a ton of my off time in 34. More elk than you can shake a stick at. Not easy to draw though.

J

Yeah I spend a ton of my off time in 34. More elk than you can shake a stick at. Not easy to draw though.

J

Oh I have no doubt about. I’m sure there are TONS of applications. Planning on going up and seeing if I can’t drop an Aoudad up there. Wish we could do it on the Texas side of the DTA. HAHA

DirtyMedic, just an fyi new mexico leftover tags go on sale for non-residents on the 25th. No elk, but deer hunting is better than nothing.

Welcome. So there are left over tags here in nm. Planning on getting one as well, but there are fires here. Unit 24 has the tadpole fire unit 16b has the good fire. Just heads up in case you planned on a unit 24 hunt. Still waiting to see how much is gonna burn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back