Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

GPS Question

WH's OutdoorsChick

So I am new to this GPS thing! Well yesterday the Mutts and I went on a small 2 mile hike, like we are trying to do everyday cause the whole house has gotten fat and while I was holding it I noticed I started swinging my arms and I think that caused the GPS the GPS speed to get meesed up....

Am I the only one that walks with the GPS for exercise, if not how do y'all hold it... I See WH holding it up in the air face pointing up and I was wondering if there is a more confortable way to do that

Just wondering.... I take it because I like to Hike at a 4 MPH pace at least and stay at that speed....

My next purchase is going to be some Running shoes for the hiking trails, because I Miss Running and I want to start running trails after getting in better shape :D

WH, the face has to be pointing up for it to receive the satelite signal. If the face is against your chest (UHM face against chest) it cannot recieve the signals. Buy one them MickeyDee salads and get the free pedometer they giving away.

There's really no way to hold it while swinging your arms (to keep it accurate) and its hard to walk at 4 mph without swinging your arms. The best way is to just stop swinging your arm once in a while if you want to check your speed.

Its easier to just leave the gps at home. Just do the 2 mi. walk as fast as you can and check the time when you're done and try to make sure you do it around a half hour if you want to have an average of 4 mph.

I have found that after you get used to the feel of four, or five miles an hour walking, you will start to know what speed you are going....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back