Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Good news for youths

Nut

I have been noticing the trend that the Fish and Game departments of various states are helping to encourage more youth hunting with lowered fees for youths and non-resident youths. Ohio has lowered the non-resident youth license and tags to what the resident youth pays. They finally lowered the tag for deer down from 20 to 12 dollars also.

I even noticed that Idaho has done the same for the non-resident youth. 6.50 for a license and 15 for an elk tag!!!! Wow I wish I was taking either one of my youngest there this fall.

Kentcuky also has the fees where it is affordable to take them.

I know that it is in the F & G interests to encourage this but we all gain by this.

cool.gif

That is great Fred, good find...I think I am going to bring this up at some of the next F&H meetings I go to this next winter..
biggrin.gif

I think this "youth movement" is great. When I started planning my Idaho elk hunt this year I never dreamed I could take my son. Then I found out what the youth tags cost and I couldn't afford not to take him.
In Missouri the tags aren't any cheaper, but they have a two day youth season a week before rifle season for deer and a two day season a week before turkey season in the spring. For me that is good because you don't have to worry about carring a gun you can consintrate 100% on getting your kid into the game.

That's my best time of the year. I always look forward to taking my two kids hunting. Going to miss part of it this year while I in Wy. on my Elk hunt. But I got some buddy's that will take them anytime.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back