Gille Suit

NV_ARCH3R

Anyone use a Gille suit instead of the normal camo's? I always thought it would be a good way to go but didn't want to get caught wearing one. My brother bought me a Gille suit for my birthday, tried it on while on our AZ Javelina hunt (didn't hunt with it) and it really made a guy disappear in the brush. I'll give it a good go next fall predator hunting.

My son and I tried some while archery hunting. We were sitting on opposite sides of a waterhole about waiting for the deer to come in. We had a herd with 2 small bucks come in about 25 yards away from me. When I started my draw the material of the Gille suit made a swishing sound and you would have thought I threw a firecracker into the herd from the way they all jumped back from the water and left in a cloud of dust. 🤬

My son and I tried some while archery hunting. We were sitting on opposite sides of a waterhole about waiting for the deer to come in. We had a herd with 2 small bucks come in about 25 yards away from me. When I started my draw the material of the Gille suit made a swishing sound and you would have thought I threw a firecracker into the herd from the way they all jumped back from the water and left in a cloud of dust. 🤬
When using a gille suit with a bow, you pretty much want to remove all loose material along the travel of the bow string, both for drawing and the release.

I bought one from Gander Outdoors when they had a sale on them.
Don't ask me what brand, i have no clue.

I've found it useful when laying in the gasline hunting coyotes.

Note, they catch on anything & everything when moving.
Tried it for turkey hunting the other year. Sitting against some brush. Dang near couldn't get up to move when i needed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back