Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Getting Jazzed up

SD_Prairie_Goat

Saturday is the day I am heading back to Alaska for a few weeks worth of fishing for reds... Looks like the run is going to be strong this year!

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR...8E1YoRidTSBz6LZQ8B-9x5--VGEwnFNUo3alJLq63dJgM

I love fishing, but after chasing salmon for most my life, I find fishing in South Dakota not exciting enough for me and with too little reward compared to salmon... Also even a big northern doesn't seem to have the same fight in them compared to a salmon... Nothing like having a 5 pound fish able to break 25 pound test like its nothing!

If anyone was curious or thinking about going to Alaska to chase salmon let me know, Love to talk fishing in Alaska (its one of the few conversations I can stand people asking me about Alaska... Once people hear your from Alaska there is generally 5 responses to that statement that 99% of people make: Always wanted to go to Alaska, went to Alaska back in xxxx, Oh my cousins third niece twice removed is from there!!, Is it really dark there all the time?, and What you brought you down here/ why'd you ever leave!)

Just wanted to share my excitement!

IMG_1156.JPG

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back