Geese

MichiganMan

The Michigan waterfowl opener was saturday and the anticipation was as thick as the fog. The morning started slowly as the birds stayed on the refuge till 830 when the action began. We had out 6 goose limit by 900AM. All the geese commited and were shot with their feet dow just inches from the cut bean field floor. Sunday was another great night but had to do it alone. Results were the same as the geese cooperated for another day. Monday morning hunt was the best weather as the rain and clouds welcomed us to the field. The first flock that we saw commited and were in the decoys before we were prepared. Our 4 birds were down and breakfast was finished before 830. I will try to attach a few pictures via my phone next.

Haven't made it for the opening of Goose season since I left Michigan. Sounds better than most years. Which refuge were you hunting?

Sounds like you found the right spot. Cupped geese in the decoys that's fun shooting.

Nice. I've only ever goose hunted over there once. We normally went to Maple Floodings. It was always hit and miss over there. I'll be deer hunting right along the Shiawassee this weekend in Livingston Co.

Livingston county is not anywhere near Shiawassee refuge. Shiawassee refuge is in Saginaw county.

Sorry, I meant the Shiawassee River, not the refuge. Just trying to make a comment that I will be roughly in your neck of the woods this weekend.

It is a great state for waterfowl hunting. I am sure you will enjoy yourself. We really need to improve our deer hunting. Good luck hunting. I will also be out hunting this weekend.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back