Garmin GPS 62s vs 62st

ERSS

Plan on picking one up soon. Just wondering if the topo maps on the 62st are of any worth if you plan on buying the chip from huntinggpsmaps.com? It looks like the preloaded topos are the only difference between the 62s and 62st.

I intended to buy the 62s but found a 62st for the same price. I think the preloaded maps are excellent - while IMO they are not detailed enough for backcountry navigation on foot, they cover the whole lower 48, and have streets, rough contours, and lots of points of interest. I would buy them if I get in that situation again.

I also just got an etrex 20 for my wife to use - we put garmin Street Navigator on it. That program does not have the topo data.

so,,,If i use a gps maps.com chip for whatever state im in,,,would there be any advantage of the 62st over the 62 s?just about $100 difference between the two and i have almost all the state chips already,,,also ,is the screen is better than the oregons isnt it?I have a vista hcx and want to upgrade,but if a 62s will do the job,would like to save some$ if there is no difference with the gps maps.com chips.

I use the 62st for work and love it. I don't believe you would need the st if you were using something like hunting gps maps because they should have the topo included with the maps you load onto your gps.

so with the gps chips for each state,i could basically be no difference from the 62 st and mapping would be just as good,,as good as the gps maps.com chip topo?looks like the 62 s is the way to save a little money as ive already invested in the chips for several states.that also add up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back